YMCA Manningham Senior and Social Sports
YMCA Manningham provides Social Sports session at DISC where anyone is welcome to come, play and join in the fun. Our sessions include both badminton and table tennis and all members of the community are welcome.
Social Sports sessions open to all players of all abilities. We are currently using Aeroplane Green Shuttles for our sessions; you are welcome to bring your own. If our courts fill then we run court rotations every 15 minutes so that everyone has the ability to play. We provide shuttles every few rotations. YMCA Manningham also provides a Senior Sports Program which is for all members of the public aged 50 years or more. The aim of this program is for customers to enjoy the fitness, health and social benefits of participating in sports activities including badminton and table tennis..
Please bring your own racquet, however we do have spares if you forget or do not own a racquet.
$5 per player for social sessions
You may also purchase shuttles from our kiosk.
Donvale Indoor Sports Centre 360 Springvale Road, Donvale, 3111.
Our facility provides a lot of room for rest and seating, and we also have showers and toilets available for use. We also have a kiosk which you can purchase water and sports drinks from during your session.
Our current social sports timetable:
|Monday||10.00am - 12.00pm||7 Courts||4 Tables|
|Monday (Seniors)||12.30pm - 3.00pm|
Age 50+ only
|5 Courts||12 tables|
|Wednesday||10.00am - 12.00pm||7 Courts||4 Tables|
|Friday||10.00am - 12.00pm||5-6 Courts*||8-12 tables*|
Social Session Rules:
- Courts and tables are to be shared with all users in the venue. There is no court hire or holding of specific courts during social session.
- All courts and tables are to be played as doubles unless numbers permit.
- Shuttles will be brought out in time periods set by MYMCA management. Shuttles which are brought to the courts by MYMCA are to be left at the court.
- A timer will be set for 15 minute intervals for game play time. When this siren sounds if there are participants waiting, please vacate your court or table and allow them to step on, followed by those who were just playing a game.
- Paid coaching is not permitted. We have court hire and table hire available for these purposes.
For more information on programs please contact MYMCA Stadiums Management on 8841 - 4555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org